Lead Application Developer
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox Corporation is looking for a self-motivated Lead Application Developer to join our New York Consumer Platforms & Engineering team. You will engage in the development of highly available cloud-based services, including API services, back-end frameworks, and administrative tools for Fox digital properties. You will also be an advocate for development best practices (including TDD, Pair Programming, and CI/CD), have a passion to keep learning the latest technologies, and create forward-thinking solutions. Working along with our Project and Product Management teams, our developer teams integrate into the full process of design and implementation.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilize TDD to implement unit tests on new development and implement E2E testing with automation in mind
- Optimize applications for maximum speed, scalability, and security
- Drive the development of Node-based API services using serverless methodologies and decoupled architectures
- Participate in the development of lambda based services and create next-generation solutions using the latest frameworks and tools
- Maintain and build custom microservices to power enterprise Content Management System
- Mentor other developers on our team, work directly with other Business Units and participate in project planning
About the technologies we use:
- AWS: EC2, Lambda, RDS, Elasticsearch, Elasticache, S3, SQS, Kinesis
- MySQL, DynamoDB
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Strong experience in Node
- Familiarity with implementing middleware, custom routing and proxies
- Your passion for learning is contagious, and you look for opportunities to try new approaches or use new technology in order to solve unique problems
- You look to engage in agile software methodologies, including practices from XP and Lean into your daily behaviors; unit tests are your way of life, not a nice-to-have
- You enjoy engaging in conversation software design and can communicate your ideas and concepts to other team members for collaboration and feedback
- You are able to review sequence diagrams and turn code design into testable application that meets given acceptance criteria
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.