Senior Web Application Developer - SEO
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News MediaFOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
We are looking for that amazing and talented Senior Web Application Developer to help our team continue the momentum of maintaining and creating the next generation of web experiences and tools for our end-users, while helping set actionable development standards and best practices around site optimization and performance.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage different tools and strategies to help identify opportunities for site optimization
- Create, update, edit, and maintain frontend application pages for foxnews.com, foxbusiness.com, and other Fox News channel affiliates
- Update and maintain backend codebases for our content management systems
- Work closely with product and program management to help prioritize items in the development roadmap
- Articulate technical requirements, write functional specs and set standards for site performance
- Perform collaboration duties such as code reviews and technical documentation for peers.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Hands-on experience with site optimization including SEO, in-page performance, technical audits, and Core Web Vitals
- Expert Linux command line experience
- Expert knowledge integrating API endpoints
- Expert knowledge of Git repository workflows using CLI
- Outstanding communication skills to interact with technology partners, and to provide consistent technical feedback with other developers
- You are proficient in industry tools involving site performance, SEO and analytics
- You have a knack for finding solutions to problems - and using a full arsenal of debugging tools
- You have built your own custom tools to help you automate tasks
- You have experience with at least another backend programming language (e.g. Python, PHP)
- You never stop learning about web technology; never stopping at what you know, and always keeping up with the latest in all aspects of site development, performance and optimization
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.