Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Lead Designer will work closely with the Creative and Art Directors to conceptualize, design, develop, execute and animate multi-platform projects such as show packages, IDs, show opens, animated bumpers and other real-time elements for all FOX News Media platforms. You will guide other motion designers to execute projects based on approved looks and ensure design consistency across all brands including Fox News Channel, Fox Business, Fox Nation, Fox Digital, Fox Radio, Fox News Books and Fox Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess workload, divide and delegate responsibilities to animators, daily designers, and viz artists
- Create highly produced and customized graphics across all Fox News Media properties
- Ensure all visual designs adheres to existing brand guidelines
- Pitch designs for new show packages, redesigns, studio displays, and segments based on executive requests, editorial guidance, and internal requests
- Animate graphics packages
- Provide design direction on the day-to-day development and execution of content with a focus on logo design and animation packages
- Stay knowledgeable about all content to ensure the team is producing engaging key art and toolkits for our OTT platforms
- Analyze the evolution of competitive networks on all platforms
- Stay up to date on current design trends
- Develop and maintain brand guidelines to ensure a high standard and consistency across all Fox News Media platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 7 years’ experience working in design and production for broadcast news and digital
- Experience leading a team to execute a design including giving feedback and meeting deadlines
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4d and/or Maya
- Demonstrated understanding of design principles, layout, typography, motion design and color theory
- Thorough knowledge of branding systems and identities
- Project management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must show creative initiative, possess strong attention to detail and be a self-starter
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure news environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to take initial direction and then execute independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet while multi-tasking and work effectively with changing priorities/deadlines
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor's degree in Design/Communication or equivalent
- Vizrt, video production, UI/UX, and web design experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.