Freelance Teleprompter Operator/Entry Level
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Entry Level
Fox News is looking for a Freelance Teleprompter Operator to join our New York Bureau and work on a team to move a show from inception to closing. As the Freelance Teleprompter Operator, you should have great organizational skills and can effortlessly adjust to the constant changes in a live studio environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate the teleprompter during live events and filming
- Work with on-air talent with different speech patterns
- Match the information on the screen with what is occurring on the set
- Ensure the working condition of the teleprompter system before on air the program
- Inform computer specialists if any problems are found and arrange another system as a reserve
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 0 to 2 years of experience with appropriate internship experience
- Experience with prompter systems and software
- Familiarity with the dynamics of a live studio environment
- A strong interest in television
- Willingness and flexibility to work weekends, overnights and holidays
- Ability to work in highly distracting settings and under considerable pressure
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in TV production, Media, Journalism, or Communications, or equivalent experience
- Autoscript and iNews experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.