Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News Media is looking for a Freelance Video Editor to join their team in New York, NY. As a Freelance Video Editor, you are part of a collaborative team effort to provide highly creative and technically sound content across multiple platforms for Fox News entities. You are a team player who will deliver creative and technically sound content. You will be challenged to think on your feet and offer solutions to diverse requests in a fast paced News environment! This role will be mostly remote but must be available to come to the NYC office on an as needed basis.
In order to be considered you must include a link to your reel along with your resume.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on a variety of programs delivering distinctive and stylized work under demanding deadlines across all platforms
- Display initiative and focus to remain as productive as possible when working either collaboratively or independently
- Serve as the ‘last line of defense’ on all audio/video requirements so no technical or editorial mistakes occur on air
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A passion for News and have demonstrated knowledge of current events
- 2 -5 years of experience in non-linear editing on Adobe Premiere Pro
- Demonstrated editorial news judgment and broadcast experience
- Ability to turn raw video into dynamic News packages and create broadcast quality pieces very quickly in a 24-hour breaking News environment
- A sharp eye for detail and can work seamlessly and quickly on non-linear editing platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and After Effects
- Knowledge Boris and Red Giant plug-ins
- Creative, enthusiastic, solution oriented, team player who is flexible with their work schedule, including early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overnights
- Availability for both weekend and overnight shifts
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.