Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Entry Level
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News MediaFOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
We are looking for a proactive and organized individual to provide administrative support to the SVP, News Programming and SVP, News & Politics for Fox News Channel. We will rely on you to be a team player that can work independently, exercise sound judgment, and take initiative. Sensitivity to confidential matters is critical to this role. In addition to managing all administrative tasks, you will interact with a diverse group of both internal and external stakeholders at all levels within and out of the organization. This is a great role for someone who has a desire to work and learn about the News business.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments, compose and prepare confidential correspondence and handle financial information
- Assist with production initiatives as directed by management
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion
- Screen incoming calls, sort and distribute incoming mail; prepare and/or review confidential communications, correspondence, business updates, meeting notes and PowerPoint presentations
- Build/maintain electronic filing systems and organize large amounts of data
- Manage all aspects of business travel, travel agendas, and process expense reports
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ years of admin and/or executive assistant experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Superior time management and ability to prioritize large workloads
- Flexible and ability to take direction with ease
- Critical thinking, takes initiative, and self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office
- Positive “Can Do” attitude
- Flexibility to adjust workdays to accommodate special events and other business functions.
#EntryLevel # EarlyCareer
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.