Senior Producer, Politics
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News Media is looking for Senior Producer, Politics, to join their team in Washington, D.C. As the Senior Producer, Politics, you will assist in leading Fox News Media’s planning and implementation of an overall strategy for political coverage. You will help the network build relationships within the political world and assist with introducing candidates to all of Fox News Media. Additionally, you will also ensure that a coverage plan is in place for all political events leading up to and through an election cycle.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build contacts, network, and foster relationships with current and prospective candidates and their staff; state and national parties and political PACs with the goal of putting Fox News Media in the most powerful political position when it comes to securing candidate interviews and major events
- Keep a rolling list of rising stars within both political parties, building contact lists to provide easy access for Fox staff/executives to reach out as needed.
- Work with the Senior Executive Producer of Politics and Washington Bureau Chief to set up off-the-record meetings with key political figures, Fox executives, and talent both in NY and D.C.
- Oversee the political calendar, making sure key events are listed and easily visible to all departments
- Oversee daily communication with all stakeholders at Fox News Media about ongoing coverage plans
- Track upcoming candidate visits to key primary states, working with the NY desk and bureaus to determine the scope of coverage and develop story pitches for approval when applicable
- Attend political events and conferences with the goal of raising the visibility of Fox News Media and our political coverage
- Be familiar with political fundraising dates and work to secure fundraising numbers, outpacing our competition
- Research and keep up-to-date on issues impacting the political campaign, including latest candidate ad strategies; sending pitches when applicable
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10 years’ experience in television
- Experience covering campaigns and elections
- Experience coordinating large special events for television
- Strong editorial judgement and writing skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor's degree
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.