Motion Graphics Designer
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Motion Graphics Designer! As a Motion Graphics Designer, you are responsible for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily content on Fox News, Fox Business, and Fox Nation. You thrive in a live news environment, have the right attitude, and understand the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio. *
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and design animations including opens, bumps, transitions, and set elements based on established show formats. Execute same-day requests while balancing assignments with longer deadlines
- Work closely with art directors, creative director, and department management to ensure work aligns with network/show identity and editorial guidelines
- Pitch designs for new show packages, redesigns, studio displays, and segments based on executive requests, editorial guidance, and internal requests. Must be able to storyboard concepts and present designs in a group environment
- Collaborate with other designers to produce cohesive graphics packages across multiple platforms. This includes designing pieces for print campaigns, set/scenic mockups, and internal company presentations
- Ensure all work conforms to technical requirements and file organization standards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3-5 years' experience working in design and production for broadcast news and digital
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to organize information (layout design, infographics, general organization)
- Attention to design detail and quality
- Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography and color theory
- Refined sense of motion and animation, particularly relating to typography and logo usage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure news environment under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and awareness of current design trends in graphic design and typography
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Communication
- UI/UX experience
- Knowledge of Maya and Vizrt
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.