Freelance Audio Operator
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Channel is seeking a skilled Freelance Audio Operator to join our DC Bureau. You will provide technical operational support to our studio and control room team. Candidates must be experienced with running an audio console for live and recorded programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate audio board for live newscasts and productions
- Maintain studio audio equipment
- Manage audio within a live broadcast, including mic sources and IFBs
- Work with technical staff to satisfy production needs for live and pre-recorded programming
- Perform facility checks with A2 and Stage Manager for all mic and IFB positions in studio before daily production begins, including studio set up
- Proactively assist stage manager in maintaining the integrity of the studio and all associated audio equipment
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others in a fast-paced dynamic studio environment
- Ability to work under pressure
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- 2 years of experience in a TV Studio environment
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.