LINE PRODUCER, MEDIABUZZ
Fox Corporation, Washington, District of Columbia
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Media is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a proactive and organized Line Producer with strong control room skills and great editorial judgment to join our D.C. team. As a Line Producer for our premier media criticism program, you will pitch story ideas, book guests, and work with the Associate Producers to sift through dozens of cable, network, radio, print, and social media stories to find prime examples of how the media cover and present the news. You also must have stellar communication skills and thrive in a fast-paced breaking news environment, looking to grow within the company and take on more responsibilities.
This position will be expected to work Wednesday-Friday (9 am-5 pm) and Saturday-Sunday (5:30 am-3 pm).
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch and produce segments examining the media
- Communicate daily story development to executive producer
- Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing, and all other editorial and production elements
- Communicate with on-air talent, reporters and guests in the field, and the director to ensure the newscast runs as smoothly as possible
- Take part in editorial planning
- Help book guest segments/studios
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and creatively
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a live television environment
- 2 years of professional experience in a live control room lining a show
- Thorough knowledge of American politics and business news
- Strong writing and copy-editing skills
- Ability to work under intense deadline pressure in a newsroom
- Ability to work and stack an everyday rundown and switch gears and roll with breaking news
- Ability to work early morning hours and weekends
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A bachelor’s degree is awesome but not required
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.