Freelance Viz Operator
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated Viz Operator to set up and play out all graphic elements that are to be integrated into pre-recorded or live programming. You will work directly with technical staff to satisfy all production requirements for live and pre-recorded programming under the supervision of the show’s director and technical operations management.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate Viz graphics computer in order to add text, graphics, and video elements to live and pre-recorded programs
- Operate INews program run-down system used as a guide for calling up pre-loaded text, graphics, and video elements
- Work directly with technical staff, Directors, and Producers to recall graphics and video elements
- Work closely and provide feedback to Director, Technical Director, and Producers ensuring QC and functionality of all graphics content
- Manage graphics content as it corresponds to the rundown for live and pre-recorded programs
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor’s degree and or relevant work experience
- Two years of graphic playout experience in a live control room environment
- Working knowledge of the Viz Trio system and one year of experience working with Viz in a live control room
- Strong typing, spelling, and grammatical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to communicate quickly and effectively
- Able to execute cleanly on air in a high stress, rapidly changing environment
- Able to quickly troubleshoot
- Available to work some weekends
- Must be organized and punctual
- Inews knowledge a plus
- Able to work in a team environment
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.