Stage Manager - Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX Weather is a 24/7 ad-supported streaming service operated by FOX News Media. Launching in October 2021, the platform builds upon FOX News Channel’s expansive newsgathering units & FOX Television Stations’ added resources with a combined 120 meteorologists for a comprehensive suite of weather products featuring local, regional, and national reporting, in addition to live programming. Utilizing multiple radar systems, including an immersive mobile 3D radar, and more than 100,000 HD cameras located around the country, the service offers users an innovative approach to forecasting, including coverage surrounding all weather patterns, from immediate to long-term. FOX Weather is available via foxweather.com, the FOX Weather app on IOS and Android devices, as well as Tubi, Apple TV, Amazon, and Roku, through FOX’s Connected TV Apps.
We are seeking a Stage Manager to join our NY Bureau. As the Stage Manager, you manage the studio floor in a fast-paced News Production environment and serve as a primary liaison between the control room, on-air talent, and studio crew. You provide technical operational support to our studio and control room team. You must be experienced with Studio Operations.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- You have leadership skills and have the ability to read a show rundown
- You will set up and break down show sets
- Give talent accurate time cues and relay when the show is going into/coming out of commercial breaks
- Attentive to the changes within a live studio environment and clearly communicate those changes with talent and/or studio crew, when necessary
- Responsible for the upkeep and use of studio microphones and IFB positions in studio
- Put on and remove all mics and IFBs from hosts and guests prior to and after their appearance.
- Work with technical staff to satisfy production needs for live and pre-recorded programming.
- Assist on-screen hosts and guests as needed to facilitate production, including data and laptop set-up on set
- Create and distribute show notes to the Stage department and Tech Ops managers
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2 years of experience in a TV Studio environment preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others in a fast-paced dynamic studio environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in INews a plus
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.