Regional Producer, Fox News Edge
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News EDGE serves nearly 180 newsrooms, providing content that is a cornerstone of local newscasts on FOX television stations across the country. Fox News EDGE is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and writing skills to fill an associate producer position at the EDGE New York headquarters. The associate producer will pitch and write stories, edit VOs and VOSOTSs for distribution and field requests from EDGE client newsrooms. The associate producer can expect opportunities for occasional package producing and/or field producing. A natural curiosity of news is a must.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with local Fox News Edge affiliates in certain markets to obtain news content from stations and to fulfill station requests for content
- Find elements, log events, identify news developments, and write scripts
- Work closely with Fox affiliates to facilitate requests and answer questions on daily news stories
- Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on stories from politics and breaking news to entertainment
- Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
- Pitch story ideas
- Work with editors to make sure EDGE delivers visually compelling stories.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
- Strong editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
- Strong writing skills with a focus on accuracy and proper grammar
- Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
- Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, a plus
- Understanding of general media usage rules and best practices
- An unwavering commitment to providing editorially, visually, and grammatically sound news stories
Must be flexible with your schedule to work nights, overnights, and weekends as necessary.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.