Daily Artist/Entry Level
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Entry Level
FOX News Media is looking for a Daily Artist to join their team in New York, NY. As a Daily Artist, you are responsible for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily editorial content on Fox News Media platforms including Fox News Channel, Fox Business, and Fox Nation. You are a graphic designer who thrives in a live news environment. You are willing to learn and understand a positive attitude and the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio. *
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fulfill quick-turnaround requests for charts, maps, logos, fullscreens, and other custom topical images based on show needs.
- Design engaging key art and build toolkits for our OTT platforms
- Typeset and proofread text-based artwork such as promos, factoids, and info-graphics
- Animate full screen graphics including scrolls, text tears, diagrams, and maps
- Cut out and retouch headshots
- Design logos and custom elements for upcoming news events
- Work with management and editorial to determine the best way to tell each story
- Pitch and storyboard concepts for new shows and specials
- Build out elements for broadcast, print, and digital based on established brand guidelines or animation packages
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects on both Windows and Mac with experience working in a live TV or OTT environment
- Ability to fulfill a high volume of daily graphic requests while conforming to established network-wide and show-specific design standards
- Ability to organize information (layout design, infographics, general composition)
- Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography and color theory
- Knowledge of current design trends in graphic design and typography
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills meet all deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work.
- Must be able to handle multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to receive assignments and feedback from team members at all levels
- Knowledge of Curious Maps and Google Maps strongly recommended
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends or overnights
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Communication
- UI/UX experience
- Knowledge of Maya, Cinema 4D, and other industry technology
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.