Technical Production Manager
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a Technical Production Manager to join our Fox News family. As the Technical Production Manager, you manage relationships between both Production’s and Operation’s internal group to troubleshoot and address technical workflow challenges and implement timely and effective resolutions. As the Technical Production Manager, you possess strong organizational and time management skills. You have a broad understanding of all the key components of studio and control room environments and are able to make difficult decisions under tight time constraints.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide front-line control room support for all technical personnel and work alongside satellite operations, editorial/production staff, and other technical operations groups to solve production related issues
- Coordinate studio crews and control room staff; scheduling and handling production requests including the overall production budget
- Handle any and all requests including acquisitions, studios, signal flow, satellites, and graphics processes
- Deliver the highest quality of service and maximum resource utilization
- Plan for both large and small scale remote site projects (i.e. elections, full shows on the road)
- Book crews, hotels, and travel arrangements
- Order/ Rent equipment
- Compile a list of technical gear needed, office space, talent requests, makeup, and anything else that production requires
- Travel to/from remote sites, work onsite, and being the lead person for large and small-scale events
- Work closely with producers and directors in planning programs and managing field, studio, and manpower scheduling to minimize costs to the customer and channel
- Work closely with finance managers in preparation of show or facility budgets and expense reporting
- Provide front-line management of staff, facilities, equipment, and technology for a customer-driven production operations group supporting News and Business
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 3 years experience as a Technical Production Manager in a fast-paced environment
- A broad understanding of all key components of studio and control room environments
- Well versed in the operations of all control rooms and studio functions
- Strong organizational skills, good time management skills, able to make difficult decisions under time constraints
- Experience with iNews, AZ Edit, ScheduALL, and Microsoft Excel
- Availability to travel
- Flexibility to work weekends and overnights
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Home of the world’s best books.