Line Producer, The Evening Edit
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
The Evening Edit team is looking for an experienced line producer with excellent communication skills. As Line Producer, your main responsibility each day will be translating the editorial “vision” for the show into an organized rundown and overseeing its live production on air. This includes building the rundown, making timing decisions, and managing producer assignments. You will also be responsible for producing some segments (including scripts and elements). You must be assertive, detail-oriented, and a natural self-starter. You should also have outstanding judgment and organizational skills. Most of all, you must be an effective communicator who can serve as the main point of contact for producers during the day and talent/crew during the broadcast. You should be able to improvise and make smart decisions on-the-fly in a way that inspires the people around you to follow your lead.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in editorial meetings, pitch story and segment ideas & build and maintain the corresponding rundown throughout the day
- Manage team assignments and provide editorial guidance
- Produce segments and reporter hits
- Check copy, lower thirds, etc., raise red flags early, and offer solutions
- Handle all aspects of pre-production
- Write/copy edit scripts as needed, as well as banners
- Create research packets for the anchor
- Guide the technical crew through each element during the show
- Keep the anchor on time using clear and effective cues
- Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to make sure visuals support the conversation
- Effectively manage your own time and attention; prioritize and delegate tasks when necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of prior television (or similar) experience
- Experience in a live control room
- Experience interacting with high profile talent
- Exceptional editorial skills; ability to recognize stories and elements with high potential for compelling television
- Effective communication skills; ability to provide clarity and reassurance in high-pressure situations
- Passion for organization; ability to simplify complicated tasks under pressure
- Solid base understanding of technical skills (specifically newsroom and video editing software)
- Strong interest/knowledge of news, current events, and politics and pop culture
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in television, journalism, or a related field
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.