Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a talented, highly motivated, and proactive Booking Producer to join Watters' World. As the Booking Producer, you are a creative storyteller with sound editorial skills and in-depth knowledge of the news. You know what it takes to stop the viewers from changing the channel. You are confident in securing interviews with high-profile politicians, newsmakers, and celebrities. You perform your best under deadline pressure and know what it takes to get the exclusive. You have excellent people skills and understand the importance of building and maintaining relationships with potential guests & your co-workers. You understand the level of commitment required to work at the #1 cable news channel.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct in-depth research and pre-interviews on a wide range of topics
- Write intros for your segment and coordinate production of all relevant sound, video, and graphics
- Identify strong guests, cultivate relationships, and confirm bookings for the show
- Track down difficult-to-find people using social media & other tools
- Pitch unique stories and guests of interest to our audience
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor’s degree and or relevant work experience
- Strong knowledge of news, politics, and current events
- Strong writing skills and editorial judgement
- Familiarity with popular influencers, commentators & opinion makers
- Ability to establish/build positive relationships with guests and high profile newsmakers
- Ability to maintain those relationships when bookings need to be canceled or rescheduled
- Willingness to see the big picture, and put the show's best interests above all else
- Understanding that the news never stops and some work may be required outside regular hours
YOU ARE MASTERFULLY SKILLFUL AT
- Finding the best part of a story and making it matter to a national audience
- Multitasking on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Prioritizing assignments and meeting deadlines
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Connectors. Creators. Experience Makers.