Booker, Fox & Friends
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a talented Booker to join the # 1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends. As the Booker, you understand the importance of the “first phone call”. You have the ability to reel in the big get before anyone else is even awake! You know what it takes to get the exclusive. You have the right attitude and understand that Fox and Friends requires a high level of commitment and dedication.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Book people at the center of major news stories, high-profile guests, and celebrities
- Strategize with your colleagues on best booking approaches
- Conduct research and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live show
- Pitch unique and interesting stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 years of experience in television
- Previous booking experience
- Strong editorial judgment
- A passion for current events
- You have an extensive Rolodex and can book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
- Ability to work weekends
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Must be willing to work overnight and weekends
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience researching using Lexis Nexis, Accurint, iNews
- Ability to find people via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.