Associate Producer, The Evening Edit
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for an Associate Producer to join the Evening Edit! As the Associate Producer, you produce guest segments and reporter hits. During the show, you keep a sharp eye out for breaking news headlines, turning around news video and sound.
You will be offered the following shift: WEEKDAYS (11:00 AM-7:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write scripts
- Create banners and graphics
- Find videos to best illustrate the story
- Use video, graphics, and sound bites to help illustrate stories and to help set the segment apart from the herd
- Pitch stories and guests and handle research for a variety of topics
- Fact check claims by guests in real-time and watch the competition
- Keep a sharp eye out for breaking news headlines from a host of sources, including wire services, online news sites, and Twitter feeds of various newsmakers and elected officials
- Identify and flag that breaking news, communicate that breaking news to the control room staff, and help to produce it out
- Write copies to reflect the news and source the news, corroborate the news with our own network sourcing, and build elements to help tell the story; copy should be fact-based yet colorful, and it should push the story forward instead of rehashing an earlier headline
- Conduct thorough topical research as requested, based on show direction and stories of interest
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1 year of experience as an Associate Producer within a daily News program
- Proven experience as a skilled teases writer with writing that is catchy and attention-grabbing, without giving away too much of the story
- Strong grasp of a wide range of News-worthy topics, particularly where economic, financial and political issues intersect
- Solid grasp of writing for TV News
- A passion for breaking news
- Comfortable pivoting on a dime to react to breaking news
- Comfortable dealing with high-profile talent and guests
- A can-do attitude and a zest for teamwork
- Careful listening skills
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Home of the world’s best books.