Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
The Kennedy team is looking for a dynamic, creative, ambitious self-starter to join us as a Producer. As a Producer, you are well-organized, curious, and have strong editorial skills, as well as the ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines. Your duties include daily story-pitching, scriptwriting, segment producing, MOS package planning, shooting, and editing. Field producing and/or control room experience is a plus.
You will be offered the following shifts: MONDAYS - THURSDAYS (12:00 PM -9:00 PM), FRIDAYS (10:00 AM-6:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify News, select video, sound bites, and graphics, oversee editing, conduct interviews, and write stories for television
- Pitch stories daily
- Write scripts, produce guest segments, live shots, and packages, with occasional field producing
- Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a wide range of topics
- Occasionally field produce with the ability to shoot, write and edit packages for air
- Work with other departments throughout Fox such as legal, finance, graphics, and field production
- Think creatively and develop new and interesting approaches to storytelling
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years of experience in News, TV, or web
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong editorial judgment and a commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Extensive knowledge of news and current events, politics, entertainment, business, economics
- Ability to work under pressure in a breaking news environment
- Social media savvy
- Experience with live television production
- A self-starter attitude paired with the ability to work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations
- Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, and VIZ systems is a plus
- Strong communications skills
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.