Associate Producer, Media Desk
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
As a service desk to both Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, and dotcom entities, the Media Desk is looking to hire an Associate Producer to work in our Washington DC bureau.
An ideal candidate for this position should have a solid understanding of both the technical aspects of digital media and the editorial judgment of a newsroom environment. All candidates must have a general understanding of national/international news as well as a passion for politics and beltway news. A constant sense of urgency is absolutely required in order to make editorial and logistical decisions in a fast-paced news environment. Good communication skills and a positive attitude are a must as this position requires working with both the staff of the Washington DC bureau and the NY headquarters.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attaching editorial meta-data (text information) to large volumes of incoming daily video assets
- Monitoring large volumes of incoming media via Satellite, FTP and physical hardware ingest
- Using video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system (monitoring quality control standards with correct video and audio levels)
- Understanding digital video file formats, file conversion, file play-out, and file transfer (FTP)
- Understanding web video, streaming video, social media, Skype, etc.
- Basic desktop editing
- Attending daily interdepartmental meetings to proactively discuss and plan for future events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience is preferred
- Strong editorial judgment
- A passion for current events, especially DC-based political/beltway news.
- Familiarity with Avid iNews
- Understanding of tape-less workflow in a newsroom
- Work weekends and nights and other various shifts
- At least 3-5 years of live television newsroom experience
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work well with others and help to train co-workers and new employees
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.