Administrative Assistant/Project Coordinator- Entry Level
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Entry Level
Fox News Media is looking for a proactive and organized Administrative Assistant / Project Coordinator to provide administrative and project support to the Senior Vice President of Broadcast & Media Technology. The SVP leads several teams who work together as a high-functioning unit and oversee a wide range of projects and services across Fox News Media related to On-Air Operations, Scenic Production, Content Creation, Engineering, and Emerging Technology. We are seeking a dynamic, self-confident person who can communicate effectively with stakeholders across all departments at FOX and engage with outside vendors, contractors, and consultants. The ideal candidate will be a thoughtful and integrity-driven individual who is able to multi-task. Increasing level of responsibilities with demonstrated ability. Occasional business travel as projects warrant.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain an active schedule to assist in tasks and progression of daily agendas, trafficking of calls, and administrative tasks
- Research, plan and prioritize incoming issues and requests; be an active partner with the SVP to assist and manage daily activities
- Assist in long-range project planning, budget preparation, and executive presentations
- Project coordination – maintain a list of tasks and milestones across multiple projects
- Responsible for planning meetings/bookings to assure they run well and in a timely manner
- Liaison to Project Managers and key stakeholders to assist with project coordination
- Organize and attend project meetings—taking executive summary notes and distributing them to ensure responsibilities are communicated and understood by all involved
- Manage all aspects of business travel, expense report filing, and travel itinerary
- Manage and maintain records for all files, contracts, purchase orders, project information; handle other sensitive or confidential information
- Build and maintain filing and tracking systems to organize significant amounts of information
- Help facilitate special events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 0-1 years relevant work experience
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Superior time management- ability to prioritize large workloads
- Flexible – takes direction and changes with ease
- Critical thinking - takes initiative – self-motivated
- Confidence - Positive “Can Do” Attitude
- Integrity driven
- Inquiring personality
- Creativity, solutions-oriented
- Collaborative – strong written and verbal communication skills to work with all departments and outside vendors
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office or Google Docs
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Familiarity with Smartsheets, Excel, and or Microsoft Project a plus
- Knowledge of platform tools like Slack, BOX, JIRA, and Confluence
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.