Senior Publicist, FOX News Media
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News MediaFOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX News Media is looking for a Senior Publicist to join the Media Relations Team. As a Senior Publicist, you have the ability to cultivate pitches and work with the media to secure coverage. You will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. If you are a strategic thinker who understands how communication shapes the world of media, this role is the perfect opportunity to experience all aspects of public relations. To see more PR opportunities, please click here.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure prominent placements for all key platforms for FOX News Media
- Assist in the development and execution of press strategies surrounding programming changes, new talent hires, digital initiatives, and product launches
- Manage press surrounding linear ratings
- Assist with crisis communication management
- Handle all network breaking news reports and newsmakers, disseminating news highlights to top media outlets
- Cultivate strong relationships with media
- Conduct media analysis across traditional and social media platforms
- Interact with professional associates and all levels of management both internally and externally
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications
- At least 3 years of experience in the media relations/public relations industry
- Experience in crisis communications
- Strong interest in media, business, politics and current events
- Excellent writing skills
- Results-oriented nature with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong research and project management skills
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and competitive news landscape
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Reliable and trustworthy nature with the ability to handle high levels of confidential information
- Positive attitude and team player mentality
- Ability to work nights and weekends as the job requires
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.