Public Relations Coordinator
Fox Corporation, New York
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Entry Level
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News MediaFOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
We are looking for a highly motivated and driven Public Relations Coordinator to join the FOX News Media team. As the Public Relations Coordinator, you will be responsible for all key PR administrative duties within the department. To see more PR opportunities, please click here.
Please note the schedule for this role is for a Wednesday-Sunday schedule. Weekend and after-hours work are expected.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage phones and scheduling matters with the department & top level executives, interacting with all levels of management
- Handle all media monitoring for eight linear, digital and streaming platforms of FOX News Media
- Serve in a foundational role supporting the entire department in all administrative PR functions
- Maintain extensive organizational systems for the department
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree (a focus in Communications is a plus)
- At least two prior internship roles in the media relations/public relations/news field preferred; 2021 college grads or those just starting out in the PR field with one year of experience or less are an ideal fit for this position.
- Experience with administration duties and ability to meet deadlines
- Professional demeanor & a can-do great attitude
- Consistent attention to detail is required
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Top notch organizational skills
- Results-oriented mentality and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Must be highly dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends as the job requires, including a Wednesday-Sunday schedule
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.