Deputy Managing Editor, Weekends
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for a Deputy Managing Editor, News to join our team in collaboration with the Managing Editor, Weekends. You will be a key asset in leading our news coverage across FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com, primarily through the weekends. You have a proven track record in news media at a major media outlet in Digital or TV. You also have prior experience leading a team of editors & reporters in a fast-paced newsroom and can edit when necessary. You are skilled to handle the breaking day-to-day news as well as long-term coverage planning with ease.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with Managing Editor, Weekends on overseeing news coverage & long-term planning for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com on a key Thursday-Sunday shift
- Ensure all stories are produced efficiently on deadline with extreme accuracy in all reporting
- Pitch long term planning & features projects to Managing Editor, Weekends & Editor in Chief for approval
- Execute on different editorial strategic plans to increase weekend traffic and content coverage
- Manage a team of Reporters & Editors and their assignment/pitch processes across all local, national and international news verticals
- Establish goals for the team to ensure the growth of major KPIs on weekends
- Lead content production planning with the larger Editorial team during the weekdays to have coverage that can be utilized during the weekend
- Oversee scheduling of weekend unit to guarantee team has 24/7 coverage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Digital or TV Media covering a wide range of local, national, international stories
- At least 3 years of managerial experience overseeing a team of Reporters & Editors
- Prior experience as Managing Editor in a major newsroom
- Experience using content management systems and social media tools
- Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
- Adept at managing a team and ability to keep editors and reporters engaged and productive on tight deadlines
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed, and a smooth handover is made to the next shift
- Possess an “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- Excellent track record of achieving results related to growth
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.