Managing Editor, Lifestyle
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
The FOX News Digital team is seeking a highly experienced managing editor to oversee and manage a team of reporters and editors in our Lifestyle verticals, covering topics including, but not limited to culture, food, travel, outdoor pursuits, style, faith, family, beauty, health, well-being, and real estate. In this role, you will drive brand, editorial, and revenue goals by identifying, assigning, and editing (and sometimes writing on) topics of interest to readers across FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com, driving original and exclusive content production while mining potential story ideas from news sources, social media platforms, and online forums.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assign and edit a team of Lifestyle editors producing timely, on-brand content or breaking news coverage under tight deadlines
- Monitor the news, social media platforms, and online forums for the latest breaking news and trending news items
- Ensure continuous adherence to search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
- Manage a portion of the homepage to maximize traffic to the Lifestyle section
- Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, time on site, and media initiates
- Oversee and/or develop lifestyle alerts and newsletters, as video packages
- Collaborate closely with Social Media/Homepage team and the Digital Editorial leadership team
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 15+ years of experience editing, reporting, and writing engaging digital content
- Experience reporting and writing hard news and breaking news
- Experience managing, assigning, and editing an editorial team
- Expertise in AP style
- Experience developing business cases for coverage areas and driving audience and revenue growth
- Track record of working, as appropriate, with internal partners, across a large enterprise
- Ability to collaborate effectively at strategic and tactical levels with a wide range of stakeholders of varying seniority
- Thorough knowledge of SEO best practices and digital analytics
- Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
- The ability to identify trending news and viral trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment and news-gathering skills
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities & attention to detail
- Impeccable editing and proofreading skills
- On-call mentality to work in a demanding and dynamic industry
- Interpersonal skills and a collaborative, team-oriented approach are a must
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.