Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive Editor to join our Assignment Desk team at our headquarters in New York City. We are looking for someone with strong news judgment and interest in business news. You will be required to handle multiple breaking news stories in our fast-paced network newsroom environment. You will be working directly with field producers, line producers as well as the Fox News Media units to integrate our coverage throughout all platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build strong relationships with Assignment Desks at Fox affiliates and other news service partners
- Communicate with officials and sources for editorial information
- Monitor both traditional & social media for breaking news stories
- Identify news videos and soundbites for breaking news stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 3-5 years of network or major media market and newsgathering experience
- Ability to find breaking news stories and identify where to get the latest editorial information
- Knowledge of and experience covering national and regional interest breaking news stories and coordination of field teams
- Familiarity with iNews
- Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
- A passion for current and breaking news events and problem-solving
- Strong editorial judgment
- Strong interest in Business news
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.