Podcast Coordinator/Entry Level- Strong Writing Skills
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Entry Level
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
Fox News Audio is looking for a Podcast Coordinator to be part of the fast-paced and growing FOX News Podcast Network. This position’s responsibility will be to assist the Podcast Producers in blocking, booking, gathering sound, and assisting in the production of FOX News Audio’s daily and weekly podcasts. In addition to their production duties, they will also create social media posts and website write-ups to promote the products.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the programming & platform placement across the FOX News podcast portfolio
- Assist in producing podcast segments, along with coordinating reporter, talent live remotes, and recordings
- Manage and keep clear communication with reporters, editors, assignment desk, and anchors
- Update content on platforms as stories progress
- Work closely with a producer on developing stories and new content creation
- Create content to populate our social media pages across multiple verticals
- Work with producer to fact check copy, QC audio quality, and ensure the final products meet editorial & CMS requirements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience editing all-news radio or producing podcast programming
- Highly skilled in writing and copy editing
- Strong digital journalism skills and social media experience
- Ability to make the right decisions during breaking news situations as well as during routine shifts
- Ability to interact with high profile talent
- Great communication skills, has a terrific attitude, and works well with a team
- Creative and “out of the box” thinking
- Avid news consumer with prior journalism experience, preferably in an audio newsroom.
- Work in a 24/7 news operation, we require flexibility in scheduling, including the ability to work nights, overnights, weekends, and early mornings
- This role may also be called upon to assisting in the editorial structuring of some of our podcast content
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Knowledge of iNews, ENCO, and Adobe Audition (Cool-Edit)
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.