Senior Field Producer
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
The Senior Producer will coordinate coverage of breaking news and special events in the bureau and on location. The Senior Producer will assist the Managing Editor with editorial calls, copy-editing pitches and scripts, coverage planning, and training/mentoring new and junior employees. The Senior Producer will work with reporters to set up interviews, obtain information, write scripts, build graphics, and deliver compelling live shots. You must be willing to ask the tough questions, get the latest elements into a story, and move content forward. Aggressively seeking out additional information and pitching stories is critical to success in this position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee daily story developments within the DC region and beyond
- Coordinate coverage of large events, including breaking news, elections, conferences/conventions, and international/domestic presidential travel
- Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
- Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions, and obtain information to craft and produce daily live shots and creative field shoots
- Provide editorial and production support to the reporter, bureau, and network
- Find elements, log events, and identify news developments
- Plan and develop new sources
- Train/mentor junior employees on-field/bureau producing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10+ years experience in a local or national newsroom
- Knowledge of the DC area, Capitol Hill, and inner workings of various DC government agencies/branches
- Experience with producing news live shots both in house and in the field
- Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of business news, national and international politics, and production
- Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
Must be flexible with your schedule and willing to travel and work weekdays, and weekends when necessary
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.