Freelance Hair Stylist/TV Experience
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
As a Hairstylist for Fox News, you know how to ready a person for their close-up! Your skills in hair styling guarantee that you can make anyone feel confident in their own skin. You will be a member of a team of artists responsible for preparing Fox News anchors, reporters, and contributors to appear on national television. This role will require a high level of proficiency in hair styling for both men and women, as well as the ability to understand and work in the rapidly changing environment of cable news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Style hair in a manner appropriate for television - This has to be accomplished very quickly and includes a high level of proficiency in the techniques of blow-outs and velcro roller sets, as well as using hot irons to accomplish volume and smoothness and a defined hairstyle for women
- Provide excellent customer service for Fox all who are visiting Fox News by always projecting a friendly, helpful demeanor
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and solve problems by proposing solutions
- Be a dedicated teammate at all times, Jump in to help others who are readying talent for air, Be a good steward of the hair and makeup room by sharing in this responsibility with your other colleagues
- Keep the hair and makeup room and one's personal space clean, tidy, and free of clutter, and identify products that need to be replenished to management so that supplies are well stocked
- Understand that the nature of television news requires employees to be able to change their schedule and/or work earlier or later than a planned shift to accommodate the needs of a news bureau responding to breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years of experience working in the field of television makeup and hair
- Demonstrated ability of hairstyling for both men and women
- A high personal standard of excellence that leads you to be meticulous and careful in your work
- A warm, positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a very professional manner as a representative of Fox News Channel when greeting and looking after talent appearing on air
- Promptness and dependability
- Candidates must be flexible with their schedule as shifts change frequently depending on breaking news
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
Creative Jobs For You
Digital Designer/Senior Digital Designer, Production
Center for American Progress, Washington, DC USA