Talk Show Producer
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX News Audio is looking for a creative talk producer to be part of a growing national radio show and podcast. This position’s responsibility will be to develop and execute ideas, provide strong story selection, book guests, and grow the show, its social media platforms, and website.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Format, program, coordinate, and produce informative and creative programming
- Produce segments from start to finish, including booking guests, researching topics, and gathering audio
- Communicate your ideas and brainstorm with host and team on topics, guests, show bits and social media content
- Keep content updated by working on developing stories as the day progresses
- Create engaging content to populate our social media pages
- Create social media posts and website write-ups to share and promote show content
- Communicate with sales and marketing, PR, social, and programming teams about strategies to maximize audience and engagement
- Liaise with TV bookers and show producers when talent is appearing on FOX News Media platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years’ experience producing live news-talk programming
- Creative and “out of the box” thinking
- Strong digital journalism skills and social media experience
- Avid news consumer with a concentration on political topics as well as top stories trending on digital platforms including Foxnews.com and also across other FOX News media verticals
- Ability to interact with high profile guests and talent
- Highly skilled in writing, copy editing, and phone call screening
- Ability to make the right decisions during breaking news situations as well as during routine shifts
- Knowledge of iNews, ENCO automation, and Adobe Audition is a plus
- Strong communication skills, excellent teamwork, and team-building skills
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.