Copy Editor, Fox & Friends
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a talented Copy Editor to join the # 1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends and Fox & Friends First. You are a storyteller. You use creative, compelling, and conversational copy to pull viewers in. As the Copy Editor, You are detail-oriented and thorough to catch errors in scripts and can handle the pressure of being the last set of eyes on stories before air. You are strong in a control room atmosphere and have the ability to communicate quickly and effectively with several people at once. As the Copy Editor, you like to dig into details, find the most interesting part about a story and make it resonate with viewers across the country.
Must be able to work 1am - 10am, Monday - Friday for Fox & Friends First, Wednesday - Sunday for Fox & Friends
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Copyedit writer scripted vo's, vo/sot's & reporter stories under tight deadline pressure
- Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
- Check graphics and videos to ensure they match writer scripts
- Communicate critical story information with producers and managers
- Be a leader for the writing team, helping them grow and develop
- Pitch story ideas
- Think outside the box to tell a story
- Understand the importance of utilizing and writing to video
- Craft bold banners that stand out and triple check for spelling mistakes
- Scour social media for elements or information that the competitors missed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 3 years of major market experience
- Flexibility to work both weekend and weekday overnight hours
- Demonstrated ability to write creative and edgy stories
- Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
- Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, and history
- Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Home of the world’s best books.