Pro Tools Designer/Freelance
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX News Media is looking for a Freelance Pro Tools Designer to join their team in New York, NY. As the Freelance Pro Tools Designer, you will be responsible for supporting the audio needs for both Fox Business Network, Fox News Channel, Fox Nation, and Fox Weather – including the editorial staff and the graphics department. This is a fill-in position for vacation and sick coverage. You must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced news environment where multi-tasking is a must.
A portfolio of sound design reel or links must be submitted for consideration.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support graphics department with sound design, music selection, and ProTools editing and mixing for all animations including all show material, segments, network IDs, and specials
- Ability to find music for shows and segments
- Ability to add sound effects to animations
- Maintain contracted music libraries
- Consultation for and dissemination of library music to production staff and graphics department
- Interface with control rooms including operations, transfer of audio, and maintenance of the DAD ENCO system
- Track all music use for submission to publishing agencies (BMI, ASCAP, SESAC, etc.) though SoundMouse including supervision of directors and production staff with regard to proper and timely creation and submission of cue sheets for all music played on air
- Understand and maintain all associated computer networks with regard to transfer, playout, and use of music
- Provide support for production staff and editors for use of music and sound design in all edited pre-tape packages
- Fox Publishing with regards to all music use, reporting, and acquisition issues
- Enforce the FCC’s CALM Act and monitor commercial volume using LKFS metering
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Ability to work quickly within Pro Tools
- Knowledge of SoundMouse
- Both Mac/PC proficiency
- Team player – an absolute must!
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that allows for last-minute availability including potential unscheduled overtime as dictated by breaking news or other production needs
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.