Writer, Fox & Friends
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for talented Writers to join the # 1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends. Good Writer candidates are storytellers who use creative, compelling, and conversational copy to pull viewers in. The right candidate is someone who digs into details to find the most interesting part of a story and why it matters to viewers across the country.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write vo's, vo/sot's & reporter stories under tight deadline pressure
- Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
- Create graphics and edit video via your desktop
- Communicate critical story information with producers and managers
- Be a true team player in a pool of talented writers
- Pitch story ideas
- Think outside the box
- Recognize the importance of utilizing and writing to video
- Craft bold banners that stand out
- Scour social media for elements or information that the competitors missed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years of major market experience
- Flexibility to work both weekend and weekday overnight hours
- Demonstrated ability to write creative and edgy stories
- Solid news judgment and comprehension of fair and balanced journalism
- Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, and history
- Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.