Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX Business is looking for a Desk Assistant to join our Assignment Desk team in the DC Bureau. As a Desk Assistant, you will work with the Assignment Editors to coordinate coverage, move crews, reach out to agencies and groups to confirm information, pitch stories, and conduct research. You will also work with our Producers to monitor and log events and interviews, create graphics, and find and cut video elements. You must be a curious individual who is hungry to learn, willing to ask tough questions, and work daily to build your skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work alongside Assignment Editors in monitoring developing news stories
- Assist with logging DC news events with an emphasis on highlighting new developments
- Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for lawmakers and news developments
- Reach out to agencies, government departments, and FOX personnel to gather and confirm information
- Assist production team with creating graphics and gathering video elements
- Assist the Assignment Editors in coordinating coverage, dispatching crews, conducting research, and keeping track of guest and reporter requests
- Monitor news and reach out to appropriate places to confirm information
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in a local or national newsroom
- Knowledge of the DC area, Capitol Hill, and inner workings of various DC government agencies/branches
- Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of business news and national and international politics
- Being a self-starter who can work independently, as well as a team player
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.