Senior Producer, Special Report with Bret Baier
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
Special Report with Bret Baier has a great opportunity for a Producer with extensive experience producing live television news. In this role, the Producer must have excellent editorial judgment, a comprehension of fair and balanced journalism, and knowledge of national politics. In addition, the Producer must have the ability to work under extreme deadline pressure, in a fast-paced environment that demands creativity to solve problems.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch unique stories & compelling segments
- Book news-making guests and provocative panelists
- Package produce
- Copy edit scripts and screen video content prior to distribution
- Conduct in-depth research
- Field Producing
- Work with editors to turn the raw footage into a completed, polished program
- Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5 years of political reporting in a broadcast, print, or digital work environment
- Exceptional editorial judgment while multitasking, and prioritizing on a daily and long-term basis
- Executing under a pressure-filled deadline atmosphere and experience covering breaking news situations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work simultaneously in a fast-paced environment while working ahead on long-term projects
- Strong editorial judgment as well as polished writing skills
- Digital tape and graphic experience
- Knowledge of national politics
- Familiarity with iNews, VIZ, and comprehension of building program rundowns
- Flexibility to work various shifts when needed, and a willingness to travel when necessary
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently, as well as in a team environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
- Booking experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Home of the world’s best books.