Resource Operations Coordinator
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
This team is part of the Resource Operation Center at Fox Media and will work closely with Remote Coordination and Transmission. It is the responsibility of the Resource Operation Coordinator to manage all transmission assets including leased and occasional use fiber networks, satellite transponders, uplinks, downlinks, video conferencing, and streaming assets for Fox Media. This includes booking all home/vendor studios and helping producers secure the most reliable and cost-effective studios for their guests. These Operators will all be involved with ingesting all Audio/Video in Fox Media, as well as assisting with pre-checking and scheduling guests on different types of video conferencing software. Resource Operation Coordinators are consistently multi-tasking, troubleshooting, and communicating between departments to ensure all parties are aware of any technical issues. These operators are team players that love solving problems and helping others work through complex technical issues in a constantly evolving breaking news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Book all Home and vendor studios for Fox Media
- Manage all transmission assets including leased and occasional use fiber networks, satellite transponders, uplinks, downlinks, video conferencing, and streaming assets for Fox Media
- Work with guest bookers to secure the most reliable and cost effective facilities
- Work with Fox Media’s Assignment Desk and Field Operations to secure and deploy resources for breaking news
- Collaborate with Fox Media Production, Engineering, and the Resource Operation Center for special events and remote shows
- Help assist Fox affiliates and partners with their transmission requests
- Ingest and quality control all incoming audio/video feeds
- Pre-check and schedule guests on different types of video conferencing software for live air
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor Degree in an applicable area of study and 2+ years of experience
- Basic knowledge of satellite, fiber, teleport, and IP transport technologies
- Good editorial judgment as well as strong logistical and organizational skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and intense environment
- Must work flexible hours including nights, overnights, and weekends
- Motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Experience in broadcast or affiliate news services
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.