Freelance Consultant, Digital
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX News Digital seeks an experienced operations and security consultant to join our team. The ideal applicant has an excellent track record in planning, network building, administration, logistical assistance, and field operations security. You have experience and/or unique insight into how to make the most impactful use of team members in dynamic environments. In particular, the consultant will help assist reporters and photographers to cover events of national interest, as well as possible emerging news events in national security. You are able to apply your knowledge in creating processes to streamline workflows and create efficiencies for our reporters.
In this role, you will be reporting to the Editor-in-Chief, and work closely with the Managing Editor & Head of Strategy, and supporting other Managing Editors, members of their teams, as well as other key partners and stakeholders across FOX News Media.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Editor-in-Chief and Managing Editor & Head of Strategy, to focus on addressing how to best use reporters and photographers to cover: (1) known key upcoming events, such as the mid-term elections and the presidential election, which will require special planning and large deployment of reporters, and (2) possible emerging news events in national security
- Work together with Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor & Head of Strategy, and other Managing Editors, and members of their teams, to streamline workflows and provide efficiencies for reporters and editors; priority areas include operations planning, network building, administration, logistical assistance, and field operations security
- Work with Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor & Head of Strategy, and other Managing Editors to evaluate or create processes, monitor implementation or execution of ongoing initiatives
- Design ways to track effectiveness and enhance or establish tracking metrics to measure progress of ongoing initiatives
- Work with Managing Editor & Head of Strategy, other Managing Editors, and editors to design efficient deployment standard operating procedures for breaking news events in the field
- Train reporters on cutting-edge physical and electronic security measures to ensure safe operation in the field (in coordination with FOX Security)
- Develop reporters’ and editors’ skills in source development and network building, including in the Washington, DC, area
- Support access to and operations in dynamic and austere environments such as the border or urban unrest
- Deploy as an individual contributor in specific cases to obtain raw sound and video
- Assist with other related projects and duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 15+ years of experience in planning, administration, logistical assistance, and field operations security
- Excellent track record of achieving results in dynamic, volatile, and austere locations and challenging work environments
- On-call and ambitious mentality to work in a demanding and dynamic industry
- Ability to collaborate effectively at strategic and tactical levels with a wide range of stakeholders of varying seniority
- Exceptional organizational skills, multitasking capabilities & attention to detail; able to effectively and independently prioritize workload in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong relational skills and a cooperative, objective, and team-oriented approach
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong command of the Microsoft Office Suite
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.