Director, Integrated Marketing
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
FOX News Media has an exciting opportunity for a Director, TMZ Sales Marketing Brand Partnerships! In this role, the Director, Sales Marketing Brand Partnerships will partner with edit, research, social, and integrations teams to answer client RFPs, cultivate proactive sales opportunities, and develop fresh marketing collateral to generate advertising revenue for TMZ, TMZ Sports, and toofab.com. This role will report to the VP of FOX News Media Integrated Marketing & Brand Partnerships and will manage a Senior Marketing Coordinator.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the RFP process, reviewing all incoming RFPs from AEs, evaluating specific RFP requests including the need for custom integrations
- Assist on RFPs and maintain ownership of all high budget RFPs including:
- Lead the initial RFP brainstorm with AEs and Planners
- Create an organized Digital Planning Grid outlining solutions to be implemented in the RFP response
- Interface and brainstorming with TMZ Integrations team for the creation of custom activations to be included in the RFP and collaborate with sales and integrations teams to oversee the entire RFP deliverables timeline
- Manage the creation of high-quality PPT deliverables that successfully showcase the tactics being pitched within a “strategic sales story” that justifies clients activating higher spend campaigns
- Attend pitch meetings to present ideas when necessary
- Lead the creation of innovative programs that are both effective and efficient to execute; post-campaign, develop in-depth multi-slide case studies and “Sizzle Reel” videos when needed
- Oversee the campaign/custom activation/execution and wrap-up reports
- Drive projects which consistently touch multiple groups within TMZ including the digital sales team, integrated marketing group, FNM Research team, TMZ broadcast media team, production group, editorial organization, social media team, and ad operations
- Develop breakthrough marketing materials that bring to life the unique selling proposition of TMZ’s digital properties including but not limited to sales presentations, trade website/online media kit, sizzle videos, one-sheets, client mailers, campaigns, and email blasts, etc
- Review all TMZ sales research collateral on a quarterly basis in order to optimize all data points and craft the “research story” of the materials to ensure that the most powerful and relevant sales pitch is supported by the materials
- Collaborate across various internal teams (Portfolio Marketing, Research, and Sales teams) to enhance proposals with audience insights and positioning
- Track macro and micro sales questions and general state-of-the business inquiries including but not limited to:
- Bi-Weekly reporting updates on sold and pitched custom activations
- YOY and historical reports with insights on the performance of different aspects of the TMZ business including social activations, custom videos, TMZ Sports, and on-air integrations
- Overseeing the creation of the bi-monthly “Celeb Trend Report”
- Managing the maintenance of the TMZ Custom Ad Solutions website
- Maintain and execute marketing communications plan and calendar of events
- Serve as a brand expert and have oversight of TMZ communication priorities among Trade Marketing Activations and Events
- Support daily communication with internal and external parties, including Sales, Ad Sales Marketing, Branded Content, Research, Production, Consumer Marketing, Programming, Finance, Legal, Vendors, Clients and their respective Agencies
- Work with stakeholders and peers in structuring, managing, and maintaining an organized library of cloud-based sales materials
- Act as point of contact for marketing requests; Prioritize and oversee brand marketing projects; Manage communication plan timelines, workflow, and report team progress to VP
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum 5+ years of experience at an agency, media company, sales organization where the individual was responsible for presentation, creative and promotion development
- Experience in television, digital, new media, events and project management and an interest in politics, business, and News marketing
- In-depth understanding of digital research and ability to determine how best to apply sales and industry research into sales RFP responses and marketing materials to best complement the greater story being told for the digital sales organization
- Knowledge of relevant linear and digital syndicated and custom research tools i.e., Comscore, MRI Simmons, etc. and their application to the sales process; Ability to effectively synthesize data, glean insights and organize information to create a strong sales story/distinct positioning
- Deep understanding of the Digital and Digital TV ecosystem and experience with Branded Content, Programmatic, Streaming, OTT/CTV strategies
- Excellent oral, written, proofreading, and presentation skills; excellent comprehension and ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively
- Strong understanding of media ad sales process, marketing strategy, media buying and planning functions, digital platforms, and ad formats; Familiarity with Celebrity News Editorial, Talent and Media Relations processes a plus
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
- Team player with strong organizational, time-management, and problem-solving skills with clear attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Professional demeanor to interface with multiple high level, key constituencies; Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team of direct reports, interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external clients and vendors
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.