Associate Producer, The Journal Editorial Report
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News is looking for a highly motivated, proactive, and creative Associate Producer for The Journal Editorial Report. As the Associate Producer, you will write and produce segments, prepare elements, and book guests and newsmakers primarily for The Journal Editorial Report, but you will also be asked to work on other weekend shows as needed. You will be expected to deliver a quality product in a fast-paced 24-hour News environment.
You will be offered the following shifts: WEDNESDAYS THROUGH FRIDAYS (9:00am - 5:00pm) and SATURDAYS THROUGH SUNDAYS (2:00pm - 10:00pm).
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch stories for a weekly program with a heavy focus on politics, economics, and culture
- Select video, sound bites, and graphics
- Oversee editing
- Write compelling and concise stories for television
- Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a wide range of topics
- Book high-profile guests and newsmakers
- Produce live shots and packages
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in television production
- Strong writing skills and excellent editorial judgment
- Experience interacting with high profile talent and guests
- Experience in a television news control room
- Familiarity with the Wall Street Journal editorial page
- A passion for current events
- A solid grasp of the political and economic stories of the day
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with iNews and other FNC programs
- Understanding of tape-less workflow in a newsroom
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.