Motion Graphics Designer- Outkick
Fox Corporation, Nashville, TN USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
OutKick is a leading national media platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports, pop culture and politics. OutKick content and contributors, which are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts and radio, reach tens of millions of fans each month. Originally founded by Clay Travis, OutKick is a FOX Corporation company. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
OutKick is looking for a Motion Graphics Designer to join their Nashville Team. As the Motion Graphics Designer, you are part of a collaborative team effort to provide highly stylized and technically sound content across multiple platforms. You’ll be responsible for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily OutKick content. You thrive in a live broadcast environment, have the right attitude, and understand the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
In order to be considered, you must submit a link to your portfolio.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and design animations including opens, bumps, transitions, and set elements based on established show formats
- Execute same-day requests for charts, maps, logos, fullscreens, and other custom topical images based on show needs while balancing assignments with longer deadlines
- Work closely with editorial management to ensure work aligns with network/show identity and editorial guidelines
- Pitch cohesive designs for new show packages, redesigns, studio displays, segments, and special events - Must be able to storyboard concepts and present designs in a group environment
- Ensure all work conforms to technical requirements and file organization standards
- Design engaging key art and build toolkits for our OTT platforms
- Typeset and proofread text-based artwork such as promos, factoids, and info-graphics
- Work with management and editorial to determine the best way to tell each story
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years' experience working in design and production for broadcast news and digital
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to organize information (layout design, infographics, general organization)
- Attention to detail and quality with a strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography, and color theory
- Refined sense of motion and animation, particularly relating to typography and logo usage
- Knowledge and awareness of current design trends in graphic design and typography
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-pressure live broadcast environment under tight deadlines
- Ability to fulfill a high volume of daily graphic requests while conforming to established overall brand and show-specific design standards
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to receive assignments and feedback from team members at all levels
- Knowledge of Curious Maps and Google Maps strongly recommended
- Ability to work a flexible schedule early mornings, evenings, and weekends
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Creative Jobs For You
Digital Designer/Senior Digital Designer, Production
Center for American Progress, Washington, DC USA