Studio/Field Technician- Outkick
Fox Corporation, Nashville, TN USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
OutKick is a leading national media platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports, pop culture and politics. OutKick content and contributors, which are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts and radio, reach tens of millions of fans each month. Originally founded by Clay Travis, OutKick is a FOX Corporation company. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
OutKick is looking for a Studio/Field Technician to join our Nashville Operations. As the Studio/Field Technician, you will oversee the technical infrastructure and operations of our contributor home studios, as well as oversee the technical aspects of remote productions and provide live and taped video from the field. Field Techs have the diversity to operate cameras, run audio, and set lights. You will be asked to work on your own and also be part of a team of studio technicians. The position requires extensive travel and the ability to respond to breaking news around the clock. You will work with On-Air Talent and Producers as well.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee, maintain, troubleshoot technical infrastructure for daily OutKick Operations at contributor home studios and on remote productions
- Backfill in-studio tech positions and assist with studio maintenance as needed
- Basic ENG Field Photography
- Single Camera and Multi-Camera Set-Ups
- Audio for Single and Multi-Camera Set-Ups
- Basic Lighting for news gathering and long-format interviews
- Basic Non-Linear Editing
- Learn new broadcast and streaming technologies and increase knowledge of existing systems
- Safely drive company-owned and rental vehicles
- Extensive, last-minute travel for breaking news
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years news gathering experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask in the field
- Working Knowledge of Field Audio Mixers, LiveU Encoder/Decoders, Adobe Premier, ENCO
- Experience with Video Photography and non-linear video editing
- Experience with lighting technology
- Must have a clean driving record
- Flexible work schedule to adapt to a 24-hour news organization, including overtime and weekends
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.