Freelance Social Media Producer/Editor - OutKick
Fox Corporation, Nashville, TN USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
OutKick is a leading national media platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports, pop culture, and politics. OutKick content and contributors, which are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts, and radio, reach tens of millions of fans each month. Originally founded by Clay Travis, OutKick is a FOX Corporation company. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
OutKick is looking for a Freelance Social Media Editor/Producer to join our Nashville team! The Freelance Social media Editor/Producer is a crucial member of the team as they help to produce content for our social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the OutKick site.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Edit/produce video pieces using Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop
- Write scripts and gather elements, such as photos, video, and music
- Pitch, develop and execute new video ideas in a daily and breaking news environment
- Work with contributing talent to develop social segment ideas and bite-sized content
- Cover a range of video content including breaking news and features
- Collaborate with other social media producers to develop a social strategy, write and produce videos
- Reach out to the assignment desk to effort permission on content
- Coordinate and pitch new articles to enhance original video posts and build an audience
- Plan ahead to edit/produce social media content for specific initiatives and events
- Participate in broader strategic discussions re: content and audience engagement
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 3 years of experience in news, TV, or web
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Good editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of sports, news and current events, entertainment, politics, and viral content
- Strong writing skills and the ability to self-proof
- Organization skills that allow for multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- Positive and creative attitude with the ability to hit deadlines while working under pressure
- Ability to work independently, paired with a self-starter attitude
- Flexibility to work holidays and weekends according to the needs of breaking News
- Occasional travel may be required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Home of the world’s best books.