Freelance Field Photographer
Fox Corporation, Atlanta, GA USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News is looking for an experienced Freelance Field Photographer to join our Atlanta Bureau. The Photographer will cover breaking news and planned events both domestically and internationally. The Freelance Field Photographer will work with other field photographers, field techs, satellite truck operators, engineers, field producers, and reporters. The candidate must be willing and able to travel and work weekends when needed.
Candidates should be comfortable covering breaking news as a one-person team and should also be comfortable covering breaking news as well as protest/riots, rallies, and war zone conflicts with traditional ENG cameras. Candidates must be equally comfortable with large production that includes multi-camera shoots using full sensor cinematic cameras. This includes the lighting techniques associated with high-end production.
Flexible work schedule in order to adapt to a 24-hour news organization, including overtime and weekends and willing and available to travel last-minute.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adobe Premier editing
- Lead Multi-camera assignments
- Full frame camera assignments
- Configure audio for single and multiple camera set-ups
- FTP, LiveU, BGAN operations
- Perform satellite, microwave, fiber, and truck transmissions/operations
- Safely driving company-owned and rental vehicles
- Extensive travel and the ability to deploy at a moment’s notice to support the demands of a 24- hour news operation
- Nonstandard work schedule, including overtime and weekends
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of professional experience in the field
- A clean driving record
- Strong lighting skills and experience with long format shoots
- The flexibility and speed to work in a high stress breaking news environment
- In-depth Knowledge of Panasonic & Sony ENG cameras and file workflow operations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Versatile and prepared to work in the bureau one day, shoot and edit the next and operate an easy-to-use auto acquisition satellite truck
- Working knowledge of field audio mixers
- Ability to mix and route audio for multiple camera shoots
- Proficient in mixing Live remotes with IFB communications
- Experience with video photography and non-linear video editing, lighting techniques, streaming technologies, and satellite news-gathering vehicles
- Willingness to be trained on a transmitting satellite camera crew vehicle
- Valid Driver’s License and Passport
- Willing to be trained to drive a larger vehicle
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Drone experience/Part 107 is a plus
This is a very physically demanding job that requires long hours, extensive travel, and the lifting of heavy equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.