Manager, Decision Science
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Decision Science team at Fox utilizes analytical tools to create data-driven insights and recommendations for our ad sales business partners as well as across the organization. The Decision Science Manager will leverage Fox’s data platform to provide in-depth analysis to inform strategic decisions that drive revenue growth for linear and digital assets.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leverage suite of analytical platforms and reports to power strategic decision making in a fast-paced cross-functional environment
- Develop actionable insights from data to provide future-focused guidance to help achieve business objectives
- Analyze business metrics to determine trends, benchmarks, and performance
- Incorporation of stochastic and probabilistic modeling techniques to determine potential outcomes
- Consultative approach to creating reports and analyses by using existing capabilities or recognizing when new methodologies or development efforts are required
- Collaborate with the Data Science team on the integration of Machine Learning and AI into Ad Sales Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Guide our tech team in the buildout, deployment, and maintenance of self-service Tableau-based reporting templates for the broader Ad Sales organization
- Work with our tech and business partners on the development of critical data infrastructure from ideation to delivery
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3+ years’ experience in advertising, media, or similar field.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data to drive business outcomes and achieve goals
- Experience with data exploration/data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlikview/Qliksense
- Ability to think strategically, analyze, interpret, and connect complex and disparate data
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- Proficiency in Excel (Look Up, Pivot, Macro), and strong working knowledge of Power Point and use of Word
- The ideal candidate is a critical thinker that enjoys analytical problem solving, thrives in fast-paced environments, and has a passion for applying data to answer questions in the evolving media marketplace (Ad Tech, Programmatic, OTT)
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- BA or BS in Analytics, Marketing, Statistics, Computer Science or related business field
- Experience with Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.