Producer, America's Newsroom
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Channel is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic Producer with excellent communication skills to join America’s Newsroom. The Producer will collaborate with senior producers to execute the vision for the show each day. Responsibilities range from filling in for the line producer to writing & producing show ledes and copyediting scripts. The Producer must be assertive, detail-oriented, and a natural leader. You’re also an active consumer of news with impeccable judgment and good communication skills. You should be able to improvise and make smart decisions on the fly in a way that inspires the people around you to follow your lead.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in daily editorial meetings by pitching original guests and topic ideas
- Produce & write key segments and teases
- Check scripts, banners, and graphics for good grammar and appropriate style & tone
- Handle all aspects of pre-production (call for elements, reporter scripts & elements, pre-taped segments,)
- Fill in as line producer: build and maintain rundown, time show, execute from the control room with calm, clear communication to the technical crew and anchors
- Coordinate & anticipate breaking news coverage as needed
- Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to make sure visuals support the conversation
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2-4 years of prior television (or similar) experience
- Experience working in a live control room
- Exceptional editorial skills with the ability to recognize stories and elements with high potential for compelling television
- Effective communication skills; ability to provide clarity and reassurance in high-pressure situations
- Passion for organization; ability to simplify complicated tasks under pressure
- Solid base of technical skills (specifically newsroom and video editing software)
- Strong interest/knowledge of current events and politics
- Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.