Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FoxBusiness.com & FoxNews.com is looking for an experienced Reporter to join our team. The Reporter is a seasoned journalist with years of experience from a major newsroom with vast experience in coverage. The Reporter will have a wide range of business and economic sources that will enable you to break news and dig in on original and exclusive reporting.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and execute original reporting, including long-term projects when possible, conducting interviews (mostly by phone or email)
- Reporting on breaking financial markets, corporate & economic news events that occur, writing quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News Digital as the go-to site for developing stories
- Source national and international media for stories that resonate with the FOX Business audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
- Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
- Collaborate closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories with FOX Business Network as well
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of four years of experience covering business news and the national newsroom experience
- Knowledge of AP style is vital, as is a clear and crisp writing style
- Familiar with economic reports, corporate earnings, SEC filings
- Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to be flexible and can work on some holidays as needed; possess “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Home of the world’s best books.
Creative Jobs For You
Marketing Associate, Digital - NBC Sports Next
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations