Senior Editor, Business
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com are looking for an experienced Senior Editor to join our team. As the Senior Editor, you are a seasoned journalist with years of experience from a major newsroom with vast experience in coverage. The Senior Editor will have a wide understanding of business and economic news as well as sources that will enable you to help break news and dig in on original and exclusive reporting.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the managing editors with editorial direction, breaking news & assign reporters relevant stories while helping mentor/manage team members
- Conceptualize and execute original reporting, including long-term projects when possible, conducting interviews (mostly by phone or email)
- Help oversee reporting on breaking financial markets, corporate & economic news events that occur, writing quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News Digital as the go-to site for developing stories
- Source national and international media for stories that resonate with the FOX Business audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
- Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
- Collaborate closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories with FOX Business Network as well
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Minimum of five years of experience covering business news and the national newsroom experience
- Knowledge of AP style is vital, as is a clear and crisp writing style
- Experience in managing and mentoring team members
- Familiar with economic reports, corporate earnings, SEC filings
- Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Ability to be flexible and can work on some holidays as needed; possess “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.