Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for an Associate Editor to join our Fox News Digital Politics team at FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. The successful candidate will actively engage with the Managing Editor for Politics, Senior Politics editors, and reporters to leverage a Rolodex of sources and contacts for newsgathering for the Politics team, and when required, across all sections. The Associate Editor is determined to break news, conceive insightful analysis pieces, and assist with booking exclusive interviews to drive the conversation for the Fox News Digital platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with idea generation and pitches to Politics team
- Help manage and develop strategic relationships, and work directly with the Political Editorial leadership and when necessary, all teams across Fox News Digital operation on newsgathering and story advancement for Politics & News
- Assist with direction on story angles, exclusive interviews, and original content & book contacts for stories & interviews directly when necessary
- Collaborate closely with Senior Political Editors on short term and long term Editorial projects and series
- Develop interesting Political story angles and ideas for content on Digital platforms
- Assist with Politics & News desk on the advancement of stories through new interviews
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 1 year of experience in news
- Previous experience in a Digital newsroom
- Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, politics, business, and viral content
- Rolodex of contacts and sources to bring to the Digital team for original and exclusive reporting
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Proven capability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter with a strong news judgment and be a team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations, some holidays, weekends, or shift changes
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Creative Jobs For You
Consumer Reports, New York, NY, Yonkers, NY, Washington, DC, San Francisco,...