Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Foxnews.com is looking for an Editor, Flash who is well-versed in media, politics, and pop culture and has a clear understanding of the Fox brand and audience to join the team. We're looking for an Editor who can identify editorial angles that will drive conversations around the news of the day as well as bigger picture issues.
This position can be based remotely.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor news and come up with editorial angles to pursue for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com
- Cover Fox platforms - including Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Nation, Fox Radio, and more – as well as other media
- Cut video from shows for use in articles or the homepages of FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com
- Assign and edit pieces when needed
- Write and/or copyedit scripts, headlines, and copy; gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
- Ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to the next shift
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 3 years of experience in news, TV, or daily video
- Experience with digital analytics to monitor, build traffic
- Experience using content management systems and video editing systems
- Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
- Strong SEO and social media skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
- Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required
- A self-starter with strong news judgment for a digital audience
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor's degree
- Strong command of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, and Illustrator
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Engineering Manager (Android) – Video Player Technology, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York